If you want to spend your vacation in one of the most unique countries, Australia should probably be at the top of the list, especially if you live on the Northern Hemisphere. Australia has more than just scary venomous snakes, in fact, in this article we won’t even mention them, because it has so much more to offer.
We at Bright Side love exploring new places and want to invite our readers to the land down under.
1. Kangaroos are everywhere. Literally, everywhere.
2. You realize that temperatures below 90°F are considered “chilly.”
3. Air conditioners and fans become your best friends.
4. If you don’t have air conditioning, you seek out other alternatives.
5. You find that a seatbelt buckle can turn into a hot iron.
6. You feel that you want to keep your clothes and shoes in the fridge.
7. You learn that asphalt can be in a liquid state.
8. Hot water comes out of both taps.
9. On the 2011 census, 64,390 Aussies wrote down “Jedi” as their religion and now it’s officially on the list of religions in the country. May the force be with you, Australia.
10. Australian police have a great sense of humor, but that won’t help you get out of a speeding ticket.
11. It can get so hot that even spiders try to escape the heat. We can’t blame them, it’s hot.
12. Nevertheless, some animals in Australia are cute and friendly.
13. Some are just cute and friendly to the max.
14. And very curious.
15. But occasionally you might still face a real stranger-danger situation.
16. Australia has the biggest cattle station in the world. It’s called Anna Creek Station and it’s bigger than Israel.
17. Forget about the snakes and spiders in Australia, they have drunk pigs who fight! Yes, you read that right, a pig stole 18 beers from campers, got drunk, and started a fight with a cow. A pig.
18. In 1859, 24 rabbits were released in Australia and it turned into a multi-billion bunny disaster.
19. We promised not to show any snakes, but in Australia everything tries to bite you, even a tree, a stinging tree.
20. In 1970 a farmer named Leonard Casley declared his farm to be an independent country, the Hutt River Province. The province has its own currency and government.
What do you think about our selection? Do you have photos that would fit on this list? Show them to us in the comments below and share this article with your friends and family.